What is Olamide net worth?
|Olamide Net Worth:||$17.6 Million|
|Born:||March 15, 1989|
|Country of Origin:||Nigeria|
|Education:||Tai Solarin University|
|Source of Wealth:||Music, Endorsements, and Businesses|
|1st Hit Project:||“E Ni Duro” 2010|
Olamide was born in Bariga, Lagos State into the Adedeji family on the 15th of March, 1989.
He did is early education and high school also in Lagos State before proceeding to attend Tai Solarin University of Education in Ogun State where he studied mass communication.
Immediately after graduating from school, he went straight into music and has never looked back since then.
When asked why music, he said: “I found out I was gifted in it so I had to explore it. It’s my life, my hustle, my world”.
Rapsodi is Olamide’s debut studio album. It was released in 2011 under the Coded Tunes record label featuring guest appearances from Pheelz, 9ice, D’banj, Wizkid, Reminisce, and many others.
That was just the rise of Olamide net worth because soon, he released his second studio album titled Yahoo Boy No Laptop (YBNL), on November 12, 2012.
Who knew Olamide, on the list of top 10 will be regarded as the best rapper in Nigeria today?
The artist that made guest appearance in the album include Kay Switch, Kidakudz, Davido, Tiwa Savage, and Buckwlya.
The producers are Pheelz, Samklef, 2kris, Tyrone, and ID Cabasa. It had four singles – Ilefo Illuminati (2011), First of All (2012), Stupid Love (2012), Voice of the Street (2012), Owotabua, and Duro Soke.
The lyrics of the album focuses on his love for God and the streets that raised him. The album received 2 awards from The Headies 2013 as the Best Rap Album and Album of the Year.
Yahoo Boy No Laptop (YBNL) Nation Label is an independent record label founded in 2012 by Olamide Adedeji. The name is a slang referring to young boy making money with no illegal dealings.
The label has signed many artistes: Lil Kesh, Chinko Ekun, Adekunle Gold, D J Enimoney, Picazo, Temmi Ovwasa, and many more. While the likes of Adekunle Gold, Lil Kesh have left, some are still under the label.
In 2016, it won the record label of the year in the City People Entertainment Award. It is still one of the top music record labels in Nigeria.
Fast forward to 2015, Olamide released his fifth studio album titled Eyan Mayweather, in November 23, 2015.
It was released through YBNL Nation with studio production from Pheelz, B-Banks, ID Cabasa, and Young John. It has four singles: Bobo (2015), Matters Arising (2015), Lagos Boys (2015), and Melo Melo (2015).
In the following years, Olamide has worked with other prominent Nigerian musicians like Falz, Zlatan, Phyno, Naira Marley, Timi Dakolo, Harry Song, and many others.
Olamide’s Net Worth and Highlights
As of 2020, Olamide’s net worth is estimated at $17.6 Million dollars. Here are some of his highlights:
- Best Indigenous Artist, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2013
- Male Artiste of the Year, Too Xclusive Awards, 2015
- Artiste of the Year, Too Xclusive Awards, 2015
- Artist of the Year, The Headies, 2015
- Best Street-hop Artiste, The Headies, 2015
- Rap Artist of the Year, City People Entertainment Awards, 2015
- Rap Act of the Year, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2016
- Best Album of the Year, ‘YBNL’ Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2013
- The Best Collabo of the Year, ‘Ghost Mode Phyno featuring Olamide’, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2013
- Best Rap Album and Album of the Year, YBNL, The Headies, 2013
- The Best Afro Hip-hop Video Durosoke Nigeria Music Video Awards, 2013
- Best Street Hip-hop Artiste, Durosoke, The Headies, 2013
- Most Gifted West ‘Turn Up’ Channel O Music Video Awards, 2014
- Album of the Year, ‘Baddest Guy Ever Liveth’ The Headies, 2014
- Best Rap Album, ‘Baddest Guy Ever Liveth’ The Headies, 2014
- Mixtape of the Year, ‘2Kings’, Olamide and Phyno, Too xclusive Awards, 2015
- Best Hip-hop Track ‘Local Rapper’ Reminisce featuring Olamide & Phyno, Too Xclusive Awards, 2015
- Video Wonder of the Year, ‘Melo Melo’ Too Xclusive Awards, 2015
- Certified Banger of the Year ‘Shakiti Bobo’ Too Xclusive Awards, 2015
- Album of the Year ‘Eyan Mayweather’ Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2016.
Favorite Quotes From Olamide
- “If it’s not making money it’s not making sense.” – Olamide
- “I’m chasing my dreams, I don’t care if anybody mumbles over it” – Olamide
- “We can’t feel the same pain, the same way, some go shine, some go sigh, some go shout, ewee. So don’t blame me, don’t blame me now if you can’t see the picture” – Olamide
- “Eat with your niggas do not compete with your niggas” – Olamide
- “Nobody gave me the opportunity so I could do it my way” – Olamide
- “I’ll rather be the lion in the jungle than to be a dog in the city” – Olamide
Life Lessons From Olamide
Olamide didn’t become the superstar he is as easy as it looks today, but he earned it through hardwork, dedication and commitment.
This is a lesson for everyone especially the youths in whatever aspect of life we are, we need to be hardworking and dedicated to our business.
Olamide focused on what he knows how to do best and it paid off for him. He is one of the few Nigerian hip-hop artist who raps in indigenous language which is Yoruba.
In our journey of life, we should strive to be the best at whatever we do and be unique in the best possible manner.
Olamide keeps his fans entertained by dropping hit songs every year and he has done this consistently since the start of his music career.
This shows that we should be consistent in any aspect of business that we find ourselves.
We should also know what our fans in the form of customers want and make products that will ultimately satisfy these wants.