What is Andrew Lloyd Webber net worth?
|Andrew Lloyd Webber Net Worth:||$1.2 Billion|
|Born:||March 22, 1948|
|Country of Origin:||England|
|Source of Wealth:||Music, Song writing, composition.|
|Martial Status||To be updated|
Andrew Llyod Webber is a classic musician. He is an English composer with excellent ability in dispensing world-class musical.
He was once declared the most successful composer in history, so one can only imagine what Andrew Lloyd Webber Net worth is.
Growing up in music inclined family obviously influenced his decision to follow a music career, though he had some tough decisions to make.
Andrew Lloyd Webber Net worth however justified many of the decisions he made, especially to drop out of school to focus on music.
Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Net Worth and Highlights
As of today, Andrew Lloyd Webber net worth is estimated at approximately $1.2 Billion dollars, making him one of the top 20 richest musicians in the world.
Below are some of his highlights:
- 1996: Best Original Song for “You Must Love Me” from Evita (award shared with Tim Rice)
- Golden Globes
- 1997: Best Original Song for “You Must Love Me” from Evita (award shared with Tim Rice
- 2018: Outstanding Variety Special (Live) for Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert
- 1980: Best Cast Show Album for Evita
- 1983: Best Cast Show Album for Cats
- 1986: Grammy Award for Best Contemporary Composition for Requiem
- 1990: Grammy Legend Award
In this article, we will give brief information about Lloyd Webber’s early life and more career highlights.
Andrew was born in London into a family with deep roots in music, to William who was an organist and composer and his mother Jean who was a violinist and pianist.
One of his siblings would also later become a world class solo cellist.
His family had a very huge impact on his music career and forged his own path in music at a very young age of nine. Who knew what Andrew Lloyd webber net worth would be later in the future?
His aunt referred to as Viola was the one that helped him with productions in his toy theatre, which was all Viola’s idea.
Viola who was an actress at the time took Andrew with her to many of her shows, which Andrew would watch through the stage door.
Andrew was then enrolled to learn music in the early months of 1963 at the Eric Gilder school of music.
This coincided with the period he was working on a musical referred to as Westonia and the set music for Old Possums book of practical cats.
Andrew dropped out of the Magdalen college while studying history at the school.
He however didn’t spend more than one term at the school before his switch to the Royal College of music in 1965 in order to focus on a career in music. That decision definitely paid off and Andrew Lloyd Webber Net worth is a testimony to that.
During his time at the Royal College of music, Andrew was introduced Tim Rice who was as at the time a 20-year-old aspiring pop Songwriter.
They later did a collaboration, which was the first of many to come. They made a musical about the true-life story of Thomas John Bernardo together called The Likes of Us. The musical however didn’t get much recognition and thus, the project failed.
Those were the humble beginnings of Andrew Lloyd Webber Net worth but today, he is a Certified English composer and impresario of musical theater.
Most of Andrew’s musicals have been running for over ten years in the United Kingdom. Andrew throughout his career has written over 13 musicals which a lot of variations to each of the musicals.
He also has 2 film scores, a song cycle, and a Latin Requiem mass. The majority of Andrews songs have been recorded worldwide receiving global acceptance and recognition outside their parent musicals.
Andrew’s list of musicals include:
- “The Music of the Night” and “All I Ask of You” from The Phantom of the Opera.
- “I Don’t Know How to Love Him” from Jesus Christ Superstar
- “Don’t Cry for Me, Argentina” from Evita,
- “Any Dream Will Do” from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat, and;
- “Memory” from Cats.
All these successful musicals led the New York times in 2001 to tag Andrew Lloyd Webber as the most successful composer in the history of musicals.
No doubt, this contributed immensely to Andrew Lloyd Webber Net worth and also how much he made from each of his musicals.
All these successes in his music career led to Andrew winning countless awards such as his Knighting in 1992, followed by a peerage from Queen Elizabeth II for his services to music, six Tonys, three Grammys, an Academy Award, fourteen Ivor Novello Awards, seven Olivier Awards, a Golden Globe, a Brit Award, the 2006 Kennedy Center Honors, the 2008 Classic Brit Award for Outstanding Contribution to Music, and an Emmy Award.
Andrew is among the few people to have won an Oscar, an Emmy, a Grammy, and a Tony.
Just like Jennifer Lopez, a star was dedicated to his name on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, is an inductee into the Songwriter’s Hall of Fame, and is a fellow of the British Academy of Songwriters, Composers, and Authors.
There is even recent announcement on a new musical by Andrew called Cinderella and is expected to be aired in late 2020.
This will probably be his last work given his age but what we know is that Andrew Lloyd Webber Net worth would get an additional increase after its release.
Andrew Lloyd Webber is worth a staggering $1.2 billion dollars today.
- 1980: Best Original Score for Evita (award shared with Tim Rice)
- 1983: Best Musical for Cats
- 1983: Best Original Score for Cats
- 1988: Best Musical for The Phantom of the Opera
- 1995: Best Musical for Sunset Boulevard
- 1995: Best Original Score for Sunset Boulevard
- 2018: Lifetime Achievement in the Theatre
- 1978: Best Musical for Evita
- 1981: Best Musical for Cats
- 1986: Best Musical for The Phantom of the Opera
- 2008: Society’s Special Award
- 2018: Lifetime Achievement Award
- 1988: Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Orchestrations for The Phantom of the Opera
- 1993: Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for live theatre
- 1995: Praemium Imperiale
- 1995: Songwriter’s Hall of Fame
- 2006: Kennedy Center Honors
- 2008: Brit Award for Outstanding Contribution to Music
- 2008: Woodrow Wilson Award for Public Service
- 2009: American Theatre Hall of Fame.
- 2020: Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Screenplay for Cats (shared with Lee Hall, Tom Hooper, and T. S. Eliot)
- 14 Ivor Novello Awards from the British Academy of Songwriters, Composers, and Authors
- 7 Laurence Olivier Awards (including Special Award presented for his 60th birthday in 2008)
Andrew Lloyd Webber Net Worth (summary)
Despite facing a lot of criticisms during his career composing music at the opera, Andrew Lloyd Webber’s worth is nowhere near affected after he successfully debunked allegations of plagiarism in his work.
Andrew gave all his life to music composition and his net worth is there for all to see. Andrew Lloyd Webber Net worth is worth every bit of his $1.2 billion.
What did you think? Let’s have your comments in the box provided below.